Bill McMullen Charlie Company

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Bill McMullen Charlie Company

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:25 am

Floyd Jones re-posted what looks like a statement from Bill's youngest sister on Facebook. What was posted was this:

Bill McMullen, Vietnam war hero, firefighter, father, and friend of so many I can’t keep count, died Tuesday, Feb 12 in the morning after a brief illness while on his yearly ski trip in Colorado. He had just turned 71 and had lost his son, Bryan, only 3 months earlier. Bill was awarded the Bronze Star with Valor only four months after being deployed to Vietnam.

All that said, he was funny, loyal, and could be counted on when times were bad. He snow skied, water skied (barefoot sometimes and on barrel slats behind a Jeep in Vietnam), golfed, fished, played poker and cooked. He did all of it extremely well...and he would tell you that too!!!! He lived life to the fullest. Merle was his sister, Sue was his kid sister, and I was...and remained, his baby sister. Aunt Ava was Aunt Mom after our mom died. His family and his friends will miss him dearly. We love you Bill.

Bill’s burial will be Friday, March 1 at 1:30 pm at the South Florida National Cemetary, 6501 South State Road 7 , Lake Worth, FL. They said to use Lane 5. We are planning a Celebration of Life which I hope to post after arrangements have been made.

I’m not an expert on Facebook but I’m hoping all of Bill’s Friends can see this.

Return to “Memorial”