Three additions to the KIA list now added

This is the place to remember those who died in their youth in Vietnam in service with the 6/31st and those who have died since. Family members are encouraged to post here. All death notices and information that the site acquires from whatever sources will be posted here as well.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Three additions to the KIA list now added

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am

Jerry White, after going through his records noted three names that I felt should be added to our Wall page. The three had served in the 6th of the 31st but were reassigned to different 9th Division units as well as one man who died in a subsequent Division assignment. The three names are listed at the end of the in battalion list and the assignment at the time is listed in the "city" slot. The original 6/31st unit is listed as serving company.

Warren Lizotte SP4 Echo 1968 KIA 2/26/69 E Company 75 Rangers

Michael P. Hourigan 2LT Charlie 1968 WPNS platoon KIA 6/1/68 4/39th 9th Infantry Division

Gary R. Cady PFC Charlie 1968 3rd platoon KIA 10/20/70 2nd tour Americal Division

I feel it is more than probable that more names could be added, if known, due to the mass reassignments after the end of the battalion in September of 1970. If anyone knows of such people please inform me.

Return to “Memorial”