posting pics

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Mildred Gresh

posting pics

Postby Mildred Gresh » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi, I am a new member and cant seem to be able to post any attachments or preview any. Can someone help?
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: posting pics

Postby Niner Delta » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm

The site is having some technical problems and many functions are not working currently.
The site owner, Niner Alpha, could give you further details.

Vern.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 am

The messageboard had a catastrophic failure related to a server failure and hasn't been fixed and may or may not ever be. I don't know what kind of photos you have but there is a work around as a link to some photo host site. Just copy and paste the address that shows in the header of the photo host for a particular photo. If you have photos from some particular soldier from Vietnam I can still add photos to the Album section because that is a different area of the site from the messageboard. You have to email me the photos and I can put them in an album. Photos that end up in the album can be linked from a post here. You have to click on the link as it automatically doesn't appear.

Thanks for making the attempt to communicate. I wish more guys would post something now and again....like back in the beginning of the site years ago.
Mildred Gresh

Postby Mildred Gresh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Thank you for getting back so fast. I'm confused though what is or where is the photo host. The pictures I would like
to post are pictures that my husband took while he was in Vietnam. There are photos of some of the guys he served with in the 9th infantry Charlie Co. We did see a few guys that served with him but I was hoping I could make an album like some have done or add to an album of some in his unit. I will try again to see if I can get any to you or the page. Thank you again for your help.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 am

We have a photo "Gallery" you can see the link from the "front page" of the site in the black bar. If you want to get to Charlie photos directly click this sublink : http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/ind ... lieCompany .Each photo with someones name you see on that link can be opened to show what photos he contributed to the site.

The photo gallery can be viewed by anyone but only I can add photos in albums because of a spam issue that I can't avoid. In the past the album, when open to posting freely, fills up with mechanical spam posts. There is no way to limit membership of posters like I can on this messageboard so it is locked down to comment or additions.

I'd love to post your husbands photos in the Album. Email me at Niner@6thofthe31st.com and I'll explain further.

There is also a PM connection you'll see here. If you click that you can send me a message the same as an email. I sent you a PM earlier that you probably didn't notice. It will show in the top of the forum page as a notice.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”