Memorial Day May 25 2020

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Gregory Gresh

Memorial Day May 25 2020

Postby Gregory Gresh » Sun May 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Memorial Day may 25,,I Remember Danny Hunt ,Richard Mohr ,,,and Trahn our tiger scout ,,,We honor all our fallen comrades,,, "We honor them all",, Yesterday we placed over a thousand flags in the Veterans section and tomorrow we will be placing the wreath,,, rain or shine ,,, they will not be forgotten,,, D A V chapter 94,,,
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Memorial Day May 25 2020

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon May 25, 2020 1:40 pm

It's that time of year again. Beaches are crowded down at Gulf Shores Alabama, pandemic or no pandemic. Being six feet apart is probably difficult even on those wide beaches.....if anybody down there actually cares. Two or three people have already drowned....just having a good time I guess. Meanwhile I mentioned yesterday on the 2nd of the 4th facebook page two guys I knew who died as part of FO teams in Cambodia after others had been mentioned from different times the arty battalion served in Vietnam. One comment was asking if anybody remembered the guys whose names I posted? Not a bad question since I could have just posted the names from our Wall page without having ever met the guys. I did know them in life. I posted a few remarks about them as I remembered them. Just another facebook day. Tomorrow the tide goes out and the tide comes in again...like always. Nobody remembers particular waves. Meanwhile, two guys I knew died young and 50 years ago this month in Cambodia serving as part of FO teams with the 6th of the 31st and damn few, besides next of kin...if they have any left....remember them at all.

John Lonsdale with Delta Company
Donald O'Brien with Ecko.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”