the question of if this site has a purpose anymore

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

the question of if this site has a purpose anymore

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:05 am

This site has some problems with a failure I can't pay the price to correct and my son who has carried me a long way can't take on the time to correct any longer. It has served its use and I am grateful for how it has done lots more than I ever figured it would to begin with and over the years. To survive over a decade and a half is something to brag about. The 31st Regiment site has failed and gone away more than a few times including now.

Now days what remains of this site needs somebody....no money required.... to post something and show the site has a purpose to exist. Just register ...or try to remember what handle you registered with sometime in the past and post something. I don't give a crap what.. post that you love Trump and hate Biden...or the reverse.... is good enough to me to see that somebody actually is looking. It's important.

I got a mass email from the present membership chairman of the 31st Regiment Association recently addressed to Alpha Company guys. I knew the guy in Vietnam and I think well of him and met him in life at a reunion. No doubt he probably was using the list Jerry White keeps and has shared with the Association. No problem by me that he did that. The problem is that we are not WE anymore like we were before this site began is the problem. The purpose of the site was to get people in contact and to make the nightmares of unconnected memory of people we knew go away. It was to admit we still do remember the guys we served with and will always remember them for good or ill. It was a healing thing this site was meant for achieving. Peace of mind after a lot of years is good thing .... particularly if it is what we went through in our youth in combat in Vietnam.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: the question of if this site has a purpose anymore

Postby Niner Delta » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:35 pm

Well Robert, you know me, I'll be here until one of us (or the site) dies. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment from
this site over the last 18 years, hard to believe it has been that long. I would hate to see this site go away, but I
also understand logistics. Hopefully you will get some feedback on this post.

Vern.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: the question of if this site has a purpose anymore

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:02 am

Vern, I thought I had removed this string shortly after I had written it. I had had a few beers during the Thursday night chat and wrote it as stuff that was really just talking to myself. The truth is that this site will continue like it is into the foreseeable future and eventually die at some unknown not all that distant date.....just like myself. And... it doesn't matter if anyone besides you me and Jerry post here or not. :oops:

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”