Who is Urban Miyares?

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Who is Urban Miyares?

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri May 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Here is what Karl Lowe said on the Facebook 6/31st page in March of 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6666527 ... 586149462/

If you don't belong to the facebook page and can't access it, here is what Col. Lowe said about Miyares:

Clearly a successful businessman and effective speaker but claims regarding his service in Vietnam need substantiation. His name does not appear on a list of 3300+ former members of the 6-31st Infantry,claims to have been a sergeant who was moved around among various squads and platoons of that unit wherever he was needed during his month or so in the unit, claims to have been with a platoon whose members were all killed in an ambush in August 1968, and that he was evacuated from the field and discovered in a body bag at Lai Khe. Here's the problem:

6-31st Infantry was fighting near Can Giuoc in Long An Province in August 1968, around 85 kilometers (50 miles) southeast of Lai Khe. Medevac flights routinely took our casualties to the brigade aid station at Tan An, to the 3rd Surgical Hospital at Dong Tam, or to the 24th or 93rd Evac Hospitals in Long Binh, depending on the severity of their wounds. Those too badly wonded to be returned to duty would go on to the 3rd Field Hospital at Tan Son Nhut for stabilization and evacuation to the Philippines or Japan. It is hard to imagine a reason for any of our casualties showing up in Lai Khe, dead or alive. Lai Khe was the base camp of the 3rd Brigade 1st Infantry Division which had no interaction with our brigade and fought 40km or more northwest of Saigon in War Zones C and D. At no time during 6-31st Infantry's 2 1/2 years in Vietnam did any of our platoons suffer all of their members killed in an ambush and such an incident certainly would not have escaped notice by our members or failed to be recorded in our operations logs. The closest such incident occurred on 12 January 1969 but although every memberof that platoon has been identified by where he was that night and more than half survived, no one named Miyares was there. Urban Miyares' story doesn't align at all with our unit's history or Medevac chain. What's the real story?
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Homefront Media Response

Postby Delta75 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Gentlemen, I just got off the phone with Daniel Lehman from Homefront Media. Your emails to Homefront Media certainly had an impact.

Daniel had authored a lengthy email to all of you; however, he decided not to send it, because he was fearful that it might be taken in a manner not intended. Since I had submitted the first email, he called me to talk.

We can certainly discontinue our emails. Daniel apologized profusely for the Urban Miyares video. They are a small volunteer group that tries to assist veterans in the San Diego area, and our barrage of emails has them considering terminating their operation. After hearing his input, I hopefully convinced him to not take that step.

Daniel is a Marine vet from the Iraq/Afghan wars, and is so very sorry that they ever had Urban on. Daniel said that none of them knew anything about Urban, and that he had been recommended by another organization as a speaker. He has promised to take the following steps:

(1) Remove the video
(2) Contact the organization that referred Urban and make sure that they are aware of Urban's "baggage".
(3) They offered us the opportunity to have a representative appear on one of their videos to talk of veteran concerns that we might have.

I did tell him about our history with Urban as well as the issues that bothered us the most.......especially his continued body bag story.

I thanked him for calling me, and for actually responding to our concerns, when others organizations, even our own 31st Regiment Association, declined to get involved.

Thanks to all who responded...for a job well done! See what we can do when we work together!
Delta75

Homefront Media - Actions

Postby Delta75 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Please find below the internal Homefront Media directive from Daniel Lehman.

Hey Amanda,

I was emailed probably 15 or 20 times today by a group of Vietnam Veterans from the 6th/31st, 9th infantry division.

This is the unit that Urban Miyares mentioned being a part of when he came on the show, and in some of his other speaking engagements in the past. It was brought to my attention that there is a pretty strong dispute of some of the things that were presented, and that there is an ongoing effort by members of that unit to stop perpetuating Urban’s recollection of those events.

Given the nature of the dispute, can you please do me a favor and can we pull the episode from Youtube and remove any posts from Facebook, etc with Urban involved?

I have Copied Jerry White, who helps lead the organization, so that he can pass on the word to his members that we are doing everything that we can to make sure that we remain neutral and respect their ongoing attempts to clear the record.

I will have a conversation with Eve offline just so that she is in the loop.

Thanks so much!
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Interesting...I checked to see who from the 31st Regiment Association Command/Staff and/or Board of Directors responded to my emails concerning Urban.

Command/Staff (10 officers): Only 2 responded...Grady Smith (Historian) and Jim Jaggers (Sgt of Arms). Thank you gentlemen!

Board of Directors (Regional Directors) (7): None responded.

This make me question the purpose of the 31st Regiment Association. It appears that its sole purpose is to schedule a reunion in even numbered years. I know that Karl Lowe was disappointed when the Association declined to support us against Urban in 2014. I know that he must now be looking down from above, shaking his head, again disappointed that not only did the Association itself again sit by and do nothing, so did all but 2 of its officers and board members.

It should be noted that, prior to his passing, a former 31st Regiment Association Commander, Karl Lowe, worked with me closely on this project in 2014. As a former Commander he was greatly saddened to see this lack of support from an organization that he had basically carried on his back for years. Karl was a very well thought of Delta CO in 1970, and he took Delta Company into Cambodia. He would never have run from a fight whether it was in Vietnam or against Urban Miyares, and I am sure that he was disheartened to see that the Association leadership in 2014 had apparently lost its will to fight.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Sun May 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Even though I'm a life member of the assoc., I'm not the least bit surprised by their lack of interest
in this Miyares thing....... :x :x

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Question for people who have listened to other Urban Miyares videos, didn't you ever wonder why Urban frequently uses the term "somebody told me" when it comes to one of his "unique experiences" (like having his platoon wiped out, or his being placed in a body bag)? It certainly seems as though he could remember at least one name or rank/job position. Well I guess this is a good way to protect oneself from either the Stolen Valor or Fake Warrior Associations; that is, "I didn't intentionally lie about that, 'somebody' told me that". ".

I would love to see the "evidence" that the medic Brian Leet supposedly has of Urban ever being found in a body bag at Lai Khe (Brian's base camp), because there is no way that this can be true. In a Columbian Media YouTube video Urban states that "I knew the basecamp where I was later found alive, by Brian Leets, in a body bag, because we sometimes had radio communication with and dropped wounded and dead off at the basecamp".BS! This Lai Khe basecamp was ~40 miles north of Saigon and in the AO (area of operation) that belonged to the 1st Infantry Division (Big Red One). In 1968, the 6/31st (9th Infantry Division) was operating in Long An province, ~20 - 30 miles southwest of Saigon. We were in completely different divisions, and in completely different AOs. We had absolutely "zero" interaction with the 1st Infantry Division! We "never" had any communication with Lai Khe and certainly never medivaced anyone (alive or dead) to Lai Khe. All of our medivacs went to installations within 30 miles...certainly not to an installation almost 100 miles away. Heck! There was even another Army Division and AO in between the 9th Infantry Division and the 1st Infantry Division. That was the 25th Infantry Division (Tropical Lightening). Maybe Brian did find a live body in a body bag, but, if he did, it most certainly was "not" Urban Miyares. This body bag "tale" needs to stop NOW!
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun May 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Chuck Thrush was aware of the questions about Brian Leet. Chuck was in the 1st Division and had become a friend of mine and of several other guys who were in the 6/31st by way of being related by marriage to a guy who served in Alpha Company. This is an email I had saved that I had shared with Jerry and Karl as we were kicking the Miyares question around and trying to find information and pieces of the puzzle.

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Niner <niner@6thofthe31st.com> wrote:

Chuck Thrush called me tonight. He got into the Big Red One Association site, and because he is a member, was able to search the membership. Brian Leet lives in Minnesota and at one time played a part in a business that used horses as part of a PTSD treatment. Looks like it is likely out of business now. The business was part of the horse council that is at the site in his email. And... Brian Leet was a medic in Delta 1st Med at Lai Kay. Looks like, as advertised in various stories that his Deros was in September of 1968. He's a member of the Big Red One Association.

Chuck actually called the guy and had a conversation about the body bag story. Leet was a bit sketchy but offered that the reason a 9th Division body could have ended up in the 1st is because of big joint operations that were going on. What's the chance of that being an explanation?
Delta75

Urban Miyares and the 31st Regiment Association

Postby Delta75 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Interesting comment that I just received from one our 6th/31st men:

"Sounds like if our “own” 31st Regiment Organization did not want to get involved, why support it?"

Makes me go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Good question.
Delta75

Termination of 31st Regiment Association Membership

Postby Delta75 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Please find below my recent email:

31st Regiment Association Membership Chair (blind-copied),

Men of the 6/31st (blind-copied),

As many of you are aware, several of us 6/31st men have recently re-started our challenge of Urban Miyares and his fabricated Vietnam experience, and we greatly appreciate the support recently provided by so many of you men.

Some of you may remember that in 2014 Urban Miyares made an entry into the 6/31st Facebook page that many of us could not let go unchallenged. Working closely with Karl Lowe (now deceased), we completed a very thorough review of Urban's military record, to include phone calls and emails to many who had served in Alpha Company during the Summer of 1968. We then provided the 31st Regiment Association with this information in hopes of receiving their support. Both Karl and I were disheartened to receive the following reply.

"I don’t think the Association was formed or has operated in the past with the purpose of unmasking the fakers and want-to-be’s. Our purpose is clear and I believe it best to focus on providing “opportunities to unite Regimental veterans.” At this time, the Association will not pursue this issue. Whatever action you take or deem appropriate is a private matter. Of course, you can continue the work with Fake Warriors, Lost Valor or others that are organized to do this type of investigation."

Needless to say, being the warrior that he was, Karl said that he would stand with me, and that we would go on alone. To quote Karl: "Jerry, if we go down, we will go down together". We did, in fact, provide our findings to Urban Miyares and he provided us with a "Thank You" email, stating that he would modify his future speaking engagements in consideration of the information that we had provided him.

Now fast forward to 2017, and we find that Urban "has" removed his tale about his "platoon being wiped out"; however, he has continued with his "2 days in a body bag" story. This was evidenced in a recent YouTube video produced by Homefront Media. After being bombarded with email from many of you men, the founder of Homefront Media (a Marine vet) called me and apologized profusely. Apparently they knew nothing about Urban Miyares, as he had been recommended by another organization. They have promised to remove the video as well as all references to Urban on their Facebook page, and to contact the organization that referred Urban to make them aware of his "baggage".

Now to the point of this email: Based on their position in 2014, we did not expect the support of the 31st Regiment Association; however, we were surprised to receive so little support from the men who make up the Command/Staff and Board of Directors. Of the 10 Command/Staff personnel, only 2 responded. Of the 7 Board of Directors, none responded.

At this point I really must question the purpose of the 31st Regiment Association. Surely scheduling a reunion in even-numbered years is not its sole purpose. It does, however, seem that it has lost its will to fight for the integrity of its 6/31st members. I am, therefore, requesting that I be removed from its membership as a Lifetime Member effective immediately.

Important: Reference the 6/31st Roster. Since the 6/31st Roster has never "officially" been part of the 31st Regiment Association, I will continue to serve as "Caretaker" of the 6/31st Roster as long as my health permits.

Regards
Jerry White
Delta Company/1969
"Caretaker" of the 6/31st Roster
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon May 22, 2017 12:05 am

It became apparent to me years ago that the Association was really just a handful of people with meaningless titles. Titles that they either exchanged now and again or kept for decades on end...and none of them ever did anything noticeably useful or responsible. The only thing the Association actually did was a reunion some place every year. It was their only seeming purpose for being. But that was more than they could handle so now it's a meeting every two years.

Jerry, you have been the natural leader of the 6/31st vets for years and greatest benefactor to the Association. It was you that filled up the 2005 Georgia reunion with 6/31st Delta attendees in overwhelming numbers and that biggest Association one in Texas too, with more than just Delta guys. You were the one who produced the attendance trophy....paid for out of your own pocket. You were always there to help the Association and find them new members by paid social security searches,again, out of your own pocket. You went looking for the lost sheep when the Association.....down to today...never has and never likely will. You supplied the Association with the expanded roster of 6/31st men with updated addresses to the Association for their last reunion.....the same list we had for Branson. Most men on the list not being Association members. And the Association never used it.

You and I pulled off the biggest 6/31st reunion that ever was and will likely ever be in Branson in 2015. The Association didn't offer a dime.....and we didn't ask them for any money nor expect they would offer. No matter, one email from you and we got money enough for postcards, stamps, name badges, tin souvenir pins for everybody, and more beer than was ever given out at all the Association reunions put together. After the voluntary contributIons quickly poured in I asked you to send out another email telling people to hold up...we had enough. We had a large number of people that had never heard about the Association turn up because of our efforts. We had people who may have heard about the Association but were never encouraged to join. And after it was all over the Association "newsletter" didn't even remark that it had occurred. The only thing they did regarding the battalion reunion was to send emissaries to hand out flyers for their reunion without at least mentioning it to us first.

The Association is going to miss you more than you are going to miss it. I'm two steps behind you....although I'm pretty sure they blackballed me a long time ago and my resigning will just give them a laugh.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon May 22, 2017 10:48 am

I just sent out 600 emails to guys from the battalion saying this:
Fellow veterans of the 6th of the 31st:

Jerry White resigned from the 31st Regiment Association. You will have received his email stating why he felt compelled to do it. That I resign Association membership as well isn’t big news , nor should it be. But what I’m writing about is the consequence of Jerry resigning. At this point in the Miyares story, Jerry’s resigning, because of the Associations continued refusal to take a stand or to back him against the lying stories Miyares has profited from, gives Miyares ammunition against the truth. When Miyares now offers a defense he is likely to say… “I only repeated what I was told. Hey, I was in a diabetic state of unconsciousness and I couldn’t remember what happened before. Other people had to tell me about it and I’m just repeating what they told me”. He will likely add, as he finds out the Associations has their back still turned: ”The official Association of the 31st Infantry, recognized by the US Army as the legitimate veterans organization representing veterans of the battalion I maintain I was assigned to, won’t support these allegations against me.” That’s going to leave Jerry without the support he deserves from the Association he has helped over the years to gain members, gain unearned respect and to prosper.
Further information in this effort to shine light on Miyares stories will remain on my website.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3577
I implore you to contact Jerry and tell him you support his efforts and that he is not alone. He has done a hell of a lot more for veterans of the 6/31st than anybody else over the years….. and not just members of the Association. What I said in a post at my site pretty much sums up why I think we all owe Jerry our support…and the Association owes him more.

Jerry’s message of resignation and my detailed response is in this string at my site:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3577&start=50

Robert Stewart
The last Niner Alpha
6thofthe31st.com
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 24, 2017 10:47 am

For anybody who has only recently read these posts going back to 2014 and somehow got to this point and is lost in the maze of comments and doesn't get exactly what the controversy is, let me see if I can sum it up.

Urban Miyares in 2014 posted to the 6/31st facebook page asking if there was anyone who remembered him from 1968. This was on March 7, 2014.This post shows his photo from someplace likely other than Vietnam. One statement I saved earlier seems to have been deleted...unless I just didn't find it again.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6666527 ... 893424462/

Urban Miyares
Hi All -- I served in the 6-31, 9th Infantry Div. during the summer of 1968 in Vietnam and was assigned to a number of platoons during that timeframe when I was medivac'd (Aug. 1968) back to the states without any of my gear, photos, journal, etc. Hoping that someone out there remembers me and can fill in the blanks, and possibly have photos, of me in country with them. Thanks, Sgt. Urban Miyares.-- Urban@DisabledBusiness.com.

He also posted a link to his Skyball presentation that exhibited his story for all to consider on March 17, 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6666527 ... 586149462/

A quick search of his paid speeches, including the Skyball, revealed that he was repeating an unbelievable story....and even more unbelievable when it became known that he had actually been assigned to the 6/31st through freedom of information revelations and was also found to have been penciled in for Alpha Company.

What was found out about him by Jerry White and Karl Lowe was this:
A review of Miyares military records, made available via the Freedom of Information Act, does show that Miyares was assigned to Alpha Company for a period of a 3 - 4 weeks in the Summer of 1968. According to statements made by Miyares, he was very sick, from un-diagnosed diabetes, for several weeks, when first assigned to his platoon, thus he was unable to go to the field. He stated that the Aug 12, 1968 incident occurred on his first operation in the field. This, therefore, might explain why no one from Alpha Company remembers Miyares and why Miyares remembers no one from his time in Vietnam; because, apparently he served with his platoon for only a few days. The details of his military service are provided below:

1 Aug 1967: Service Date
6 Oct 1967: Graduated Basic Training, Ft Jackson, SC
15 Dec 1967: Graduated AIT, Ft Polk, LA
17 April 1968: Graduated NCOC, Ft Benning, GA
20 April 1968: Assigned as Sqd Leader (OJT), Ft Polk, LA
21 Jun 68: In route to USARPAC ( edit, 6/3/17. Date left FT Polk, unknown actual depart US date)
26 July 1968: Assigned as Team Leader, Alpha Company, 6/31st, 9th Infantry Division.
23 Aug 1968: Enroute to CONUS, VA Hospital, Phoenixville, PA.
27 Dec 1968: Discharge Date

Investigations included interviews with the commanding officer and the 1st sergeant of Alpha at the time of the alleged incident and both insisted they never heard of him. The 1st sergeant even reported still having his old rosters from the time....none showing Miyares.

Miyares, as a new instant NCO E5, assigned about a week and a half to Alpha at the time his story of August 12, 1968, reports he was promoted to Platoon sergeant after being a squad leader during this short period of time. If you note the record, from time listed as assigned to Alpha to the time he was enroute to a hospital in Phoenixville PA was only a few days short of one month.

He reports an August 12, 1968 contact involving enemy mortars and machine guns that resulted in his whole platoon being wiped out. That never happened. He reports that he passes out from a diabetic seizure as the fight begins in a fight that never happened.He reports that he, and all of the casualties of the platoon, were taken to a First Division facility for graves registration processing. A ridiculous story. He reports that he was found alive, after two days in a body bag, among the dead bodies by a 1st Division medic named Brian Leek. Totally unbelieveable.

This is a link to a TEDx address that he made posted to the internet in 2015. Take a look and listen and make up your own mind about what you think of him and his story. Keep in mind that Jerry had extensive contact with Miyares in 2014 and Miyares had at one point agreed that his "somebody told me" self serving statements were mostly either false or completely unlikely. He had promised Jerry to modify his story significantly in 2014. It looks like he hasn't. And now, although we have no idea what's in it, he says he has an autobiography nearing publication.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b55 ... tcity_tech
Delta75

What Happened to the 2014 American Airlines video?

Postby Delta75 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Wow! Someone must have done something, because the 2014 American Airlines (Skyball) video that Urban Miyares had posted to the 6/31st Facebook page has been removed from YouTube...apparently today????????????
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 pm

For whatever it is worth.... if you put "Urban Miyares" into Google this string comes up around eight down. If you put it into Bing it comes up about six. Maybe somebody that wonders who he really is and how much truth is in his war story will read this string linked from a search engine. An internet search doesn't just bring up pages that promote and lionize him any longer because of this string. This string will also rise higher up the list from 6th of the 31st veterans that question his stories and his motivation for telling them. Please post your opinions, whatever they are,here in this string.
Delta75

We have finally been supported!

Postby Delta75 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:06 am

Hello 6/31st,

Gentlemen....after 3 years an organization has finally stepped forward to assist us in our attempts to expose Urban Miyares and his fabricated 6th/31st Vietnam "experience" that he has been proclaiming, over the last 7 years or so, in his numerous paid speaking engagements! His two major "tales" being: (1) That he was the sole survivor from his Alpha platoon that was "wiped out" on August 12, 1968, and (2) That thought dead, he was placed into a body bag and later found alive by a medic in Lai Khe...which was a 1st Infantry Division base- camp, ~40 miles north of Saigon.

In 2014 when his tales first surfaced with his posting on the 6th/31st Facebook page, Karl Lowe and I fully investigated his claims and found them to be, of course, totally untrue. When we contacted the Fake Warriors organization, they procured Miyares' military records for us; however, they declined to take it any further. When we asked the 31st Regiment Association for their support in presenting our finding to Mr. Miyares, they also declined. Therefore, Karl and I went forward with no organizational support, until Karl's passing in November, 2014, after which I then went on alone. Upon receiving our information in 2014, in his email response to our findings, Miyares thanked us very much for our help and appeared to agree to remove his "tales" from his future speaking engagements; however, per a recent 2017 YouTube video and another that has surfaced from 2015, he has failed to do so. Thus the reason that we continued with our attempts to convince him to "stop".

But "times they are a changin"....thanks to one of our 6th/31st Brothers, Michael Bennett, for recently recommending an organization that he had worked with, in the past, on the exposure of a wannabe Navy Seal. Michael recommended the "This Ain't Hell But" (you can see it from here) organization. These folks never hesitated, and you can find their Urban Miyares "exposure" posting on their website (link below) under the Stolen Valor folder. If you would like to show your appreciation for their support, when no one else would support us, when you log on to view their posting, please consider making a donation to their cause in the name of the 6th/31st. In addition, if any of you men belong to either the VFW, DAV, American Legion, or VVA, please forward the links below to your local chapter, and ask that they please forward them to their national headquarters. We certainly want to insure that, in the future, Urban's "tales" are not presented to any of these organizations via one of his "paid" speaking engagements.

Urban Miyares: http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=72383

Take Care My Brothers
Jerry White
Delta Company/1969
"Caretaker" of the 6th/31st roster
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 am

Now that's real progress and a walk off homer against Miyares and his BS, and secondarily, against the recently reconfirmed rejection and disinterest of the 31st Association. I'm proud for you Jerry. You made it happen. A nationally known site that puts a light on bogus warriors is a good thing.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:41 pm

That American Airlines Skyball video that was pulled from youtube still exists as a Vimeo video.

https://vimeo.com/87003795

I sent the Skyball organization an email to ask a question or two. If they respond I'll post it.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:30 pm

I sent the following email to the Skyball email address:

I am the producer of a website for the 6th battalion of the 31st
infantry of the 9th Division in Vietnam. There are questions, serious
to us, about Urban Miyares, who appears in a Vimeo video reportedly
making a speech at Skyball XI . This same address was featured on
Youtube until recently removed. The Vimeo that still remains on the
internet is here. https://vimeo.com/87003795

Our interest in Miyares , who , with some evidence, claims to have been
assigned to our battalion in Vietnam, is focused on the unbelievable
story that he presented at your function and other places as well. We
have been interested in him since he came to our attention in 2014 and
the trail of that interest can be found in over three pages of posts at
my site. Try this link if you are curious:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3577

The best presentation in a nut shell of what is not right about Miyares
story can be seen at a popular website involving the military that has
chosen to expose his story as bogus. The site is This Ain't Hell but
you can see it from here. The story there is at this link:
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=72383

The answer:
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your email. We were just made aware of the situation with Urban and his deception. Very upsetting. I forgot I also had it on my Vimeo page. I did remove it from YouTube as soon as I heard about this. And yes he spoke at our event and no one knew his story wasn’t true. I honestly don’t remember who introduced us, but I am in shock that he could make something like that up and give that kind of presentation. The person who runs the This Ain’t Hell website is actually a mutual friend of a Marine buddy of ours who works with our organization. As soon as I saw a comment on the YouTube channel that his story was bogus, my friend reached out to him and found out he was already working on it, and was going to publish it this week. When he spoke he even had his buddy there who was supposedly the medic that found him alive in the body bag. We honestly didn’t keep in touch after the event. I posted the video of his speech, and haven’t really thought about him much since then. Thank you for the heads up, and thank you for your service!!!

All the best,

Bob Vincent
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Super job Inspector Niner!

I see that they have now also removed the vimeo video. Sorted hated to see it go, because it provided us with more proof as to Urban Miyares' lies. Wish I could have saved it somehow before it was removed.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 pm

It's good that those bs speeches are gone and that the spokesperson for the Skyball that answered my email admits that it happened and also imparting information on why he came to delete the youtube and now the Vimeo.

There is one more video of Miyares with the same story. It's a TEDX. A different venue but the same old same old with a few embellishments.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b55 ... tcity_tech
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:02 pm

One pretty big "embellishment".....It appears that, in this video, he is saying, falsely of course, that his entire platoon had been wiped out and that their body bags were laying in rows in the 1st Infantry Division base-camp of Lai Khe, when the 1st Infantry Division medic (Brian Leet) supposedly found him still alive. This is the first video in which he has claimed that his entire platoon was medivaced to Lai Khe. In the past, it was just him that was medivaced to Lai Khe. How did they get his entire platoon from Long An Province to Lai Khe, which are ~100 miles apart, via Chinook?
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:05 am

Miyares is on twitter. A Google search will show this link: https://twitter.com/bquest2 Notice the recent post asking people if they enjoyed his link to a recent tv appearance that repeats his Vietnam story with a few abridgments. This is the same as mentioned several posts back as the latest internet public video sighting. The video confirmed that he hasn't amended his story to just tell the simple unspectacular truth....which is what he promised Jerry. His story would be a short and unexciting though if he had stuck to the plain facts. Somebody with a twitter account want to answer his "how do you like my video question" to tell him it has been withdrawn from the internet?

What happened with the video was that after various emails from a guy that has some say in that show, as Jerry has mentioned, it was finally removed shortly after Miyares coincidentally posted his link on Twitter. Apparently, Miyares hasn't noticed that it is gone yet.

Miyares is on facebook as well. You can find it on Google or from the Facebook search box. https://www.facebook.com/urban.miyares

One recent post he made is:
Goodbye May; Hello June. A number of issues have kept me busy over the past couple weeks – only time to occasionally post on FB. The publisher’s contract is signed, and now comes the real work, as I’ve been warned. Writing a book is the easy part; everything afterwards is where the real work begins. The autobiography will probably not be on store shelves until 2018. Only one medical appointment next week, but need to take a break for a day or two to recoup energy. Now San Diego, let’s get rid of the June gloom so I can work on my tan again.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:25 pm

I don't do Twitter, but I noticed on Facebook that the 3 web sites he has listed in his profile have all
been closed and none of the links work. One site says it is because they were hacked, the other 2 are just
invalid web pages. No idea if it means anything.

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:52 am

Vern, I think he says someplace that his main do gooder site had been "hacked" and it was being rebuilt. The others I don't know about.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Found another one. Dr. Laura...

Have to get about three and a half minutes into it before he starts speaking. Among the things he says is how after Vietnam he would go days without sleeping because of PTSD but he channeled all that PTSD angst into business success.

https://www.drlaura.com/pg/jsp/charts/a ... _pid_35807

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”