"Vietnam War... For the ones who fought it " maps

This is the place for site links related to the 6th Battalion of the 31st Infantry and other associated topics. Feel free to post your favorite links that have some connection to the subject of this site. Follow the link instructions in the post screen.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

"Vietnam War... For the ones who fought it " maps

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm

There is a group that is collecting location information from the Vietnam war and marking the locations on a sub page of Google Earth . Some of what they have is good and some only approximate. They seem to be using locations from the book Where We Were in Vietnam plus submissions from numerous people. The first place I went looking for as an example was Gettysburg. They had it marked ...but wrong location by a few thousand meters and not on the Bo Bo canal. They will make corrections if you give them a good reason. But... not all of their locations are off I'd think... can't be. Now looking at Camp Keaton.... maybe... but maybe not where I remember it.

If I copied this link right it will take you to the province of Long An.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... Inh-q6fyg8
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: "Vietnam War... For the ones who fought it " maps

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm

One thing I didn't make clear. Once you follow the link, hit the check boxes on the left. Once you do this ikons appear on the map in the screen. Click on the ikons and zoom in for what each ikon represents and the present Google Earth location.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: "Vietnam War... For the ones who fought it " maps

Postby Niner Delta » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 pm

I have the book Where We Were in Viet Nam, although I certainly haven't looked at all of it.

Vern.

Return to “Links of Interest”