Virus

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Virus

Postby Delta75 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Vietnam is, of course, on the China border, and is doing a much better job on controlling the virus than is the US. They quickly closed their border with China, and schools have been closed for over a month. I checked the other day and at that point they had only 35 cases and no deaths, and 1/2 of the cases were already cured. Their number of cases has probably increased since I last looked, but I understand that they have still had no deaths. They have also produced their own test kit that can be used to test for the virus in one hour. The test is free. They will soon be making it available for export. There is also no hoarding going on. Looks like we will be returning to quite a mess when we return in 2 weeks. Never thought that I would be saying this, but I feel safer here than in the US.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Virus

Postby Niner Delta » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:24 pm

At the rate things are going, you will be lucky (?) to be able to fly back here. May be better off where you are... :shock:
WA state has closed the schools for 6 weeks and restaurants and bars and any group larger than 50 people.
Who knows what they will do next? Have also read that other states have been doing the same thing.
Strange days for sure....

Vern.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:36 pm

I read a story on the AP about how people are lining up to buy guns and ammo. I guess people are thinking Zombie Apocalypse or just in case they have to make a raid on hoarded toilet paper supplies. The local mayor has been on tv as local Schools are closed by the Governor of Alabama but Mobile Mayor isn't shutting down any restaurants or bars as of now...just St. Paddy parades. It's a bit crazy to say the least. Maybe if Trump would order the news media to limit the dire predictions right after he fires that little guy that seems to be the head doctor doom of the health agencies. Of course if he did that it would turn into a dose of Fake News banter.

The screwy stock market is taking a deep dive into the crapper. It's like the Wall Street melt down from a dozen or so years ago.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:05 pm

We are looking to see if we can find our meds here. if we can we will stay another 3 months...then we would need to come back....my wife can stay out of the country only 6 months out of a year...or she loses her green card.

Since Vietnam is not on the "bad" list, we will probably have to pay up to $200 if we can change our flights at all. If we cannot, then we will have to buy new tickets.

Take Care of Yourself my Brothers

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”