The Biden VS Trump question

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.

So when it comes time to hold your nose and vote. Who are you going to vote for?

Trump
25%
Biden
75%
Neither.
No votes

Total votes: 4
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The Biden VS Trump question

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Two of the oldest Presidential candidates ever are going against each other in the 2020 election. It seems really sad that we have the two choices we have. Biden is the poster boy for the swamp. He was a big fan of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was in favor of any trade deal that special interests wanted. He was a big fan of reducing Social Security. He has made money off of his time in office and his family has too. He also says all sorts of things that make no sense as his brain seems to slip a few cogs in the wheel often as he speaks. Trump, on the other hand, has a lot of the country demanding his removal for being a man with no hint of even general competence. The Press can't keep track of the man's lie tally that he adds to daily. He is surrounded by boot licking incompetents. He acts like a mad king out of touch with reality. And the Republican congress stands behind anything he wants to do because they think their supporters love Trump regardless of what he does out of line with the Constitution.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: The Biden VS Trump question

Postby Delta75 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 am

Good summary.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:16 am

Biden is showing his tough on Russia side because the New York times says "top intelligence officials", unnamed, say that Russia was paying bounties to kill Americans in Afghanistan. It didn't say how much was paid or if there actually were any payments. There were a total of 22 deaths in Afghanistan in 2019. If there were such a bounty it must have been unattractive. Three or so deaths were from a car bomb. A couple were from indiginus troops that the US was "training" who turned on Americans. Others were in various kind of combat operations. So Biden, with his political bowels in an uproar, says this:

“I’m quite frankly outraged by the report,” Biden said. He promised that if he is elected, “Putin will be confronted and we’ll impose serious costs on Russia.” This in addition to laying into Trump for not being war like enough. “The truly shocking revelation that if the Times report is true, and I emphasize that again, is that President Trump, the commander in chief of American troops serving in a dangerous theater of war, has known about this for months, according to the Times, and done worse than nothing,”
https://apnews.com/bab311cb84a8e7efea42736d9b81c13b

22 deaths from various causes in a US military intervention halfway round the world and an unsupported claim in a New York paper quoting people unnamed who may or may not be high officials in intelligence circles has Biden on the warpath. That's scary stuff to think that old man is the best the Democrats have to offer to take the place of Trump.
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:29 am

I also wish that the Democrats had a better candidate than Biden. But anyone would be better than Trump. I would vote for a week old tuna fish sandwich over Trump.

I find Trump to be a totally despicable person and an even worse President, who is doing his best to tear this country apart.

His claiming to be a Christian in order to try to get the Christian vote is beyond sickening. There is absolutely nothing Christ like about Donald Trump, he is much more like the Anti-Christ that Christians are warned about in the Bible.

There...now I feel much better. :)

“Anyone but Trump in 2020”
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:47 am

A lot of our old geezer, like us, former soldier compatriots, are still in the Trump camp and would vote for him no matter what he said or did. Check out the home page of any of your facebook friends older than 65 and see. However, although Trump tried to start a war with Iran by killing off one its top generals spectacularly....In Iraq of all places.... he has not started a war with Russia or China or North Korea.....yet. The only comfort, if there is any, in Biden, is what Obama promised before he came on board with Biden with both feet planted. Obama said the Democrats would surround senile Joe with a strong competent cabinet to guide him. That was supposed to give us confidence in him as though we'd believe Biden gave Obama an ironclad promise to follow and act upon all advice from the people that the back room boys gave him. Nobody knows who those back room boys will be exactly, but the ones supporting Hillary and Obama were squarely in the foreign relations as confrontation and drone bombing camp. And Biden, as a long time hawk is, still talking like one.

The thing that will keep me from voting for Trump is that he is a loose cannon that acts impulsively and is not supported by a cabinet that is the least bit capable of giving any objective advice about anything. His cabinet is appointed only to supply support and loyalty as he does the thinking with the terrific brain he says he has. There is no telling what a last term Trump with no more elections to cause him to suck up to the right wing middle aged and older set will do.

It's not a comfortable thought knowing one of these two are going to be President for four years or until they drop dead in office. However, at my age, it won't likely make any difference to me one way or the other. The sad part is that it might make a difference to our children and grandchildren.
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:55 pm

They both show signs of early dementia.
At least Biden knows what the 19 on COVID-19 stands for and that Colorado is not on the Mexico border. Biden has certainly made some gaffes but not even close to the number that Trump has made. In addition, I believe that the Washington Post now has Trump up to around 20k lies. Trumps attempt to terminate the ACA in the middle of this virus pandemic is unbelievable. That would put millions more without health insurance. The GOP has had 10 years to come up with a replacement and to-date has nothing to offer, so just what are the people who would lose their coverage supposed to do.

With the age of both Trump and Biden, we need to look closely at which VP candidate would make the better President. I personally would take another “week old tuna fish sandwich” over Pence the “mannequin”.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:35 pm

I agree that Pence looks like Trump's ventriloquist dummy. Let's see who Biden comes up with.
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Looks like it will be either Warren or Harris.
Warren would be attractive for the Progressives and Harris would be attractive for the Minorities.

Apparently some of the black community is actually supporting Warren over Harris...not sure why?

Both look good when speaking and both would kick Pence’s butt in a debate.

Warren would help in getting the woman and Progressive vote.

Harris would help with the woman, Progressive and minorities...especially the black and foreign born (as you probably know, she is of India and Jamaica ancestry). She is also from a larger state than is Warren.....which may or may not pull in votes.

I would probably go with Harris.
Delta75

Postby Delta75 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:40 pm

With nothing to do every day....I use the app on my iPhone to read news from about 20 different news groups. The only one that stands alone from all the rest is Fox....all the rest tend to agree with each other. Even the “real” Fox news guys usually agree with the other news groups. The Fox “entertainment” personalities like Hannity, Carlson, Dobbs, and Ingram; however, live in a world of their own.

If I had to choose one news guy to follow, it would be Chris Wallace from Fox. He gives both the extreme Left and the extreme Right hell.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:17 pm

For online news I watch the Associated Press site. It's the same stuff you see in all the newspapers as straight news filler between the advertisements. It seems like it tries to keep as middle a coarse as it can and keeps up with the breaking news. https://apnews.com/
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:47 pm

I tried to post a photo of me in my "TRUMP 2020" hat, forgot that we couldn't post photos ....... :mrgreen:
Vern.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:13 pm

No problem... I bet I can picture it in my mind. Let me guess.... Red? Big letters? Shit eating grin? :cry:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:07 pm

Well actually, it's black with kinda' small white letters, and merely a smile on my face...... :D
I'm not particularly happy with him lately, either. But still prefer him to Sleepy Joe.
So we still all have until Nov. to make our final decision.

Vern.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:36 pm

I take back the shit eating grin. Seeing your photo from the Milsurp site email I'd say you just need one of those Trump thumbs up poses to go with it. :D

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”