Mob at the Capitol

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Mob at the Capitol

Postby Delta75 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:33 pm

How can anyone, including Trump supporters, agree with Trump when he says that he was not in anyway at all responsible for the Capitol being attacked?????
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Mob at the Capitol

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:04 pm

I agree he was guilty as charged. What I wonder is why Nancy Pelosi and company want to impeach him with only a week before Biden is inaugurated? It would never get off the ground until after Trump is no longer President. Obviously Pense isn't going to do the article 25 thing and remove him either in the meantime. It would be more interesting to see what, if anything, Trump is charged with after he is no longer President.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

I can’t believe that our military leaders are trying to determine whether or not to let some or all of the National Guard troops, who will be sent to DC to protect against projected future mob violence, be armed. By all indications, the FBI is expecting numerous armed militia units to gather in DC. I, therefore, think that the answer is easy: “Lock and Load”!
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 am

I agree on lock and load but aim for the knees if attacked so as not to kill people blocks away with stray shots.

I wonder what would have happened if some of those Capitol police had opened fire on the people who forced their way into the Capital. One big cop was shown on the CBS news backing up a staircase from several thugs...up a stairs to a floor that would get them into one of the houses of Congress. The news commentator remarked what a hero that cop was because he saw down a hall at the top of the stairs that somebody hadn't shut the door into the main meeting area and he led the mob that pursued him down another hall until he could call for some help. Seems like to me he would have been more heroic if he started shooting into that dangerous mob which outnumbered him and intimidated by numbers. However, if the cops had opened up and shot a few dozen of them that would have provoked a whole other problem, so maybe he was right.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”