Want a Lowe's discount?

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Want a Lowe's discount?

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu May 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Lowe's has been granting a discount to veterans who are active duty, retired, or who are in the VA system receiving some benefits. Now... if you have an honorable discharge you can be eligible for a 10% discount card even if you weren't a lifer or are receiving disability or other benefits from the VA.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/0 ... river_home
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14,15,16

Re: Want a Lowe's discount?

Postby Niner Delta » Thu May 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Sounds like a good deal. Home Depot has the same as the old Lowe's plan, wonder if they
will change to the same new plan as Lowe's???
There is a Home Depot in my town but Lowe's is an hour away. Where I lived before, they were
both nearby and it was easy to comparison shop. Sometimes I miss living in the big city...... 8)

Tucson = 650,000........ Sequim = 6700.... Now that's downsizing........ :mrgreen:

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: Want a Lowe's discount?

Postby Delta75 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Where I live, both Home Depot and Lowe's "used" to have the same plan; however, about 2 years ago Home Depot changed.

Old plan: If you simply had a VA card both gave you a 10% discount. Heck.....I was once given a 10% discount at Lowes when I was wearing an Army t-shirt...they asked if I had served...I said Yes...they gave me the discount...no card required.

Then Home Depot started requiring that you had to be either retired from the military, or had a VA card that showed you to be disabled. When I showed them my VA card, they said that they could no longer give 10% discounts to that card...then they pulled out their book and showed me the cards that I had to have in order to get the 10% discount.

The next time I went to Lowe's I asked them if they had also changed their policy, and they said no.....that they still recognized the standard VA card with a 10% discount.

I always preferred Home Depot, but when I asked the Home Depot Customer Service Desk why they changed their policy and Lowe's didn't...they said.....well..sometimes the Home Depot cashier might give a discount to the standard VA card...just depended on who I was checked out by.

Needless to say...I switched to Lowes.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”