Want a Lowe's discount?

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Want a Lowe's discount?

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu May 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Lowe's has been granting a discount to veterans who are active duty, retired, or who are in the VA system receiving some benefits. Now... if you have an honorable discharge you can be eligible for a 10% discount card even if you weren't a lifer or are receiving disability or other benefits from the VA.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/0 ... river_home
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Want a Lowe's discount?

Postby Niner Delta » Thu May 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Sounds like a good deal. Home Depot has the same as the old Lowe's plan, wonder if they
will change to the same new plan as Lowe's???
There is a Home Depot in my town but Lowe's is an hour away. Where I lived before, they were
both nearby and it was easy to comparison shop. Sometimes I miss living in the big city...... 8)

Tucson = 650,000........ Sequim = 6700.... Now that's downsizing........ :mrgreen:

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Where I live, both Home Depot and Lowe's "used" to have the same plan; however, about 2 years ago Home Depot changed.

Old plan: If you simply had a VA card both gave you a 10% discount. Heck.....I was once given a 10% discount at Lowes when I was wearing an Army t-shirt...they asked if I had served...I said Yes...they gave me the discount...no card required.

Then Home Depot started requiring that you had to be either retired from the military, or had a VA card that showed you to be disabled. When I showed them my VA card, they said that they could no longer give 10% discounts to that card...then they pulled out their book and showed me the cards that I had to have in order to get the 10% discount.

The next time I went to Lowe's I asked them if they had also changed their policy, and they said no.....that they still recognized the standard VA card with a 10% discount.

I always preferred Home Depot, but when I asked the Home Depot Customer Service Desk why they changed their policy and Lowe's didn't...they said.....well..sometimes the Home Depot cashier might give a discount to the standard VA card...just depended on who I was checked out by.

Needless to say...I switched to Lowes.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Well... I applied on May 4 just to see if one would arrive in the mail. It is now May 24, and no card. If one ever shows up I'll let you know. Home Depot is only about a mile from my house and suites me fine enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue May 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Got a Lowe's MyLowes card in the mail today. It is to keep track of my purchases. No mention of any discount. Explanation missing about what all it is good for other than tracking purchases...only the disclaimers and what they will do with their tracking of your purchases. Looks like it was a waste of time filling in the blanks at their site.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 31, 2017 11:22 am

So I went to the Lowe's site and "logged in" and did some button pushing and it looks like with this card it will give me a 10% discount on things not included in some sale price.

Got to go buy another dishwasher. Might check Lowes out. Of course the probability is that whatever one my wife wants it will already be on sale.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 31, 2017 5:32 pm

Card works. Got 10% off what was supposed to be a sale price with the card scanned at the checkout counter.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:58 pm

This was in the business section of the Seattle Times today.
Is the company struggling?? Jobs to India.. :roll: ..don't bother to call them for customer service.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

" The Associated Press

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Home improvement retailer Lowe’s says it’s laying off approximately 125 information
technology workers, the third round of job cuts this year.
Some of the jobs will be relocated to Bangalore, India.

In January, Lowe’s announced layoffs of approximately 2,400 full-time workers, many of them at the store level.
In February, Lowe’s cut more than 500 full-time corporate jobs."

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”