Anybody have a TT33 pistol bring back?

This is a forum for the weapons we knew about. It is also a place for remembering the equipment we carried and how and why we carried what we did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Anybody have a TT33 pistol bring back?

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun May 27, 2018 11:41 pm

Any proof marks on it?
Attachments
right side.jpg
michaelmcconnell

Re: Anybody have a TT33 pistol bring back?

Postby michaelmcconnell » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:16 am

I have one
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Anybody have a TT33 pistol bring back?

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:17 am

Thanks for responding Mike. I know someone, 6th of the 31st guy, who got one recently from somebody he knows. He has no idea of the history. He doesn't know how it got into the US or when. But....since it has no safety on it then it either entered the US as a trade item before 1968 or could have been a bring back. In 1968 it was mandated that no TT33 or like pistol could be brought into the US as commerce without an actual safety instead of the half cock safety that the issue pistol had. There were also different named versions of the same Russian pistol design.... Chinese M20, Hugarian M48, Yugoslave M57, Chinese Type 51, Norinco Type 54-1, Chinese Type 54, Sportarms M213. Any of them that were imported would have the added safety. You can see the not as issued safety just behind the trigger in the attached photo.

The imports, besides the safety would also have some importer markings and caliber marks. A bring back wouldn't have the safety and wouldn't have any import marks. But, the question in my mind is that the one my friend has does not show any kind of gun marks at all as far as he can determine. I find this odd. Does yours have any kind of gun marks at all? Could be just a small mark and maybe Chinese? I'll attach a photo of the added safety side of the one I posted in the above post. Incidentally, in the photo you can see the importer information stamped into the frame just forward of the slide latch.
Attachments
left side.jpg

Return to “Weapons, equipment, and how we did things”