Fort Lewis museum is...today.. interested in showing Vietnam history

The place where the 6/31st was born. This is the forum for those who were there in the early days of the battalion before it went to Vietnam. All former early battalion members and next of kin this forum is made for you.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Fort Lewis museum is...today.. interested in showing Vietnam history

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Saw this post on a facebook 9th site. I posted that I could point the museum associate in the right direction as to some guys from the 6th of the 31st that were part of that history.

What she posted was this:

Hello everyone,

My name is Jenn, I am a curatorial assistant at the Lewis Army Museum on Fort Lewis, JBLM, Washington. The museum has recently completed our newest exhibit, the Hall of Valor, and we are now leaning forward on our next exhibit, tentatively titled “Octofoil.” This new exhibit will encompass the 9th Infantry Division and her Soldiers as they were throughout the Vietnam Era.

We are now sending out a general call for any 9ID Veterans and/or their family members who wish to contribute to the exhibit. In the current planning stage, we are only collecting personal and admin information for potential contributors. As this project continues, we will open up for donations to the museum. Donations may include items such as artifacts, memorabilia, photographs, journals, personal letters, and scrapbooks. Some individuals may be invited to come to the museum to provide an oral history recording of their story.

If you or someone you know would be interested, please feel free to reach out to me. I can be reached here on Facebook via Messenger or through email at jjett3@jhu.edu. I am also able to answer any questions you may have about the Lewis Army Museum or Joint Base Lewis-McCord.

Thank you very much for your service, and have a great day!

Very Respectfully,

Jenn Jett

Return to “Fort Lewis”