Read this recent veteran appreciation story

Reunions of any size and any discription. If you have one to promote, this is the place. If you have photos or comments about past reunions this is also the place.

Moderator: Delta75

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Read this recent veteran appreciation story

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:32 am

Ron Raymond sent me a link to the VVA Veteran Organization page and I found this story while looking for one he wanted me to see. http://vvaveteran.org/38-6/38-6_schroeder.html

A guy wrote about going to a local veterans ceremony where local veterans of Vietnam were being honored with a book as a token of appreciation. And it wasn't any earth shaking story....about what you would expect.. until he got to this line. "Almost fifty years later, I am beginning to understand and appreciate the value of veterans’ reunions, whether they involve a whole military unit or just a few former GIs who became close friends in Vietnam. They get together not so much to rehash old stories, but to escape their invisibility." Then it struck me as why that was a very valid reason why reunions...small or large... have value. At the same time I wonder if the 31st Regiment Association has ever truly filled that roll with it's dilution of the effect by concentrating on the present day 4th battalion and focus on some larger mythic Regiment that nobody in Vietnam ever really belonged to at all.

Return to “Reunion events Past, Present, Future”