Something I found today from 2005

Reunions of any size and any discription. If you have one to promote, this is the place. If you have photos or comments about past reunions this is also the place.

Moderator: Delta75

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Something I found today from 2005

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:42 pm

I tend to not throw much of anything out and so was looking for something a while ago and found this copy of a letter I sent to addresses on the Alpha list from 2005 that had been assembled and maintained by Jerry White. That list was largely unproven and not as large as it has gotten to be in later years. A good many of the addresses were obtained by social security paid searches......paid by several of us who were willing to pay for the searches and no money coming from the Association we were promoting, tellingly enough. Apparently, I was the "chairman" of the Alpha list in getting out word of the first reunion seriously promoted for members of the battalion to attend. Note the "Co-administrator 6/31st Site" at the top of the letter. I started the site and had invited an enthusiastic Chuck McCammon to be the co-administrator of what was still a site in it's infancy. We were good, if not close, friends back in the day. But the next year that all changed completely. That's another story best left untold.

If I had known then what I know now I would have argued strongly for a different path that would have produced a stand alone battalion organization instead directing people to the continually disappointing 31st Regiment Association.
Attachments
img278.jpg

Return to “Reunion events Past, Present, Future”