The map I brought home

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The map I brought home

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:29 pm

I've showed it before in bits and pieces. I can email anybody that wants one a copy large enough to study it a little better if need be. On it is marked Gettysburg, Chamberlain, FSB Jackson at the very top edge that we tore down in about August of 1970....near where "the island" adventure was mentioned in posts several years ago. Tra Cu ...the Navy base we ended up at now and again isn't marked but is in a pencil circle to the left of vertical map block 98 on the Song Vam Co Dong. This map will be mostly of interest for those who served largely in 1970 as the battalion assumed more of the 25th Division AO......like Chamberlain for instance, or went into Cambodia. Ba Thu is where the arty was lifted into place when we were in Cambodia. Chamberlain... the 3... is where the largest battle was that absorbed all of the companies for a few days.

If you left click on the map in the window it should get larger. Click on a second time and larger still.

Mike Kirby gave me this map in Vietnam and I had put in the locations.....back when I knew exactly where they were.
Attachments
DSC00375.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The map I brought home

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Very cool map, after my time, don't remember those names.

Vern.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”