Time does fly

This forum was created for information about the very successful first battalion stand alone reunion in June of 2015. It remains to remember the success and perhaps to encourage planning of another such reunion in the future.

Moderators: Delta75, Niner Alpha

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Time does fly

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 31, 2017 10:58 am

Two years ago I was packing to head out to Branson for the first and only ever 6/31st Reunion. Time does fly. Wonder how many that went to that reunion have since passed on. I'll leave the group photos on the front page for a while longer.
Attachments
collage.jpg
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: Time does fly

Postby Delta75 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 am

Yep! That was a great reunion, even if it did almost kill both you and me. Boy! That was quite a task!.

Guess that will end up being my last reunion...unless someone else is crazy enough to put together another 6/31sr reunion. :)
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Time does fly

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 31, 2017 12:31 pm

There were a lot of postcards sent out. The message on the reverse side was stamped rather than printed to save some money. I think we actually sent out something like 1700 postcard invites to obviously not all correct addresses, although Jerry and I spent many hours online trying to confirm every last one of them as best we could with Family Tree Now. We had two batches of postcards made. In addition there were 600 or so who got email invites and frequent updates as we went along and didn't get postcards. Chuck Thrush volunteered to print out the address labels from our spreadsheets. All I had to do was stick on the labels and put on a stamp to each one and put them in the mail.

There were some volunteers , like Ron Raymond, who made some phone calls to a lot of people. There was the Bravo reunion group who made their own messages about the Branson Reunion and encouraged their members to come to the first ever battalion reunion instead in this special year. There were people helping to get out the word in ways we never were aware of i'm sure. There were at least one or two guys who were contacting their buddies about it even though they themselves weren't going to be able to make it for one reason or other.
Attachments
postcard.jpg
stampfront.jpg
message.jpg

Return to “6/31st Stand Alone Reunion Project June 2015”