2020 second ever Stand Alone battalion reunion

Dan Kelley is the new Reunion chairman. This forum is open for information and comment.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: 2020 second ever Stand Alone battalion reunion

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:04 pm

I recently sent out this message to our main roster email list. A number of them are bouncing back for one reason or the other. A significant number are being blocked by email servers as an auto spam device. If you see this message now for the first time please respond to Dan if you are interested in a new Stand Alone Reunion. The message you may not have received is this:

Dan Kelley, former 3rd Platoon leader of Charlie Company and later XO of Delta Company in the time period of 69/70, is serious about producing a second Battalion reunion in Branson again in June of 2020. Jerry White and I, who produced the first reunion, are truly happy to see him volunteer to take up the battalion banner and unfurl it again at what will be the half century mark of the end of the battalion’s active combat life.

Like the first stand alone reunion, it is intended that this reunion will see invitations go out to every former battalion member that we have any form of contact information for in our extensively cultivated roster of thousands. This is not a 31st Regiment Association event and is not directed nor controlled by that organization nor focused on its limited 6th of the 31st members list but based on the much larger base of potential attendees. Jerry White has maintained and updated the large roster that will be the invitation list for years now. Those who missed the first stand lone reunion, and now regret it, may now have another chance to have the experience of reuniting with at least a few brothers they thought they would never see again from a half century ago.

Dan needs your feedback. This email is to see if there is enough interest to go forward. If you are interested in seeing a second ever Stand Alone 6th of the 31st gathering email Dan Kelley directly and tell him so at this email address: dankelley47@bright.net.

Please email Dan and let him know your degree of interest and any suggestions you have. In the process it is also important to tell him if you will volunteer to help him make this reunion happen and in what ways….. for instance…. help produce and mail post cards, make phone calls, contact buddies you are close to, help with physical tasks associated with the reunion before or at a reunion. It is important to know if you will donate a few dollars toward post cards and stamps and other things needed that cost money. This effort has no treasury. It’s a do it yourself volunteer project like the first reunion was.

If you want to see this happen you have to let Dan know you are interested and encourage him to go forward. Otherwise, nothing is going to happen.

Robert Stewart

6thofthe31st.com

The last Niner Alpha
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:12 pm

The emails went out....twice. Some of the ones I sent out were rejected because email controls rejected the 6thofthe31st.com address as suspected spam it seems. Jerry sent out the same message again with better results as to the ones that rejected my message.

Dan received a number of positive responses. He is organizing some assistance and has had some success in adding assistants and it remains now for a message from him to announce his plans for going forward.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Dan wrote on the 6-31st facebook site, truthfully, that I had bowed out of further assistance in producing Dan's proposed reunion. I actually was notified of the post when it was first written and saw it. However, for some strange reason I can no longer see that statement while Jerry White can see it along with a couple other resulting posts by Dan and himself in the same string that I can't now see. I know Group facebook page owners can do heavy handed things with group pages they start....like block people entirely, delete posts, (Urban Miyares comes to mind) lock strings.....but lock out one person from seeing a comment and at the same time not be blocked from the page and seeing other comments? I don't see how that is possible...but it is happening. Why anyone with any control of that group would do something like this makes no sense. I can only scratch my head in wonder why this situation exists.

For those who did see, or do see, the post, and are curious, Dan and I had a difference of opinion on what he should have done with the results of the mass email I sent out on his behalf. Since Dan and I have had a continuing difference of opinions on other things as well, at this present juncture, I thought it best that I bow out rather than see further conflict between us as it only hinders his progress. I still support the reunion idea that Dan is working to produce. He has all the important information I can give him on how the Branson reunion was produced to aid in making his plans. I will now be like everyone else and will always support the idea of Battalion reunions and hope Dan gets this one done and it's a great success.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 pm

So far.... nobody that I know of who responded directly to Dan from the mass email Jerry and I both sent out showing interest and offering assistance has gotten any response at all. There has been no follow up email to the entire list that I am aware of offering any information. So far no post has been made here about what is happening and what has been posted at the facebook site has largely been sketchy at best. I don't know what is happening..... and my confidence in this project is at nearly zero.

Dan...if you are out there... and you want people to believe you are serious.....say something to everybody on that email list explaining what is going on by another mass email from you. Post something on this site and the facebook page you set up. Do it soon if you want to get on track to making the 2020 reunion actually happen....otherwise your credibility seems to be sinking fast.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:33 pm

At long last an email went out today to 100 people. It reads like this:

Hey everyone, just thought we would let you know what is going on with the reunion planning.

Dan and I are headed to Branson the first week of December, where we will lock down events, dates and cost assessment which will allow us to get everyone the details by Dec. 15th.

Refreshments for the greeting room have been secured by donation, we haven’t had much out of pocket expense at this point. Those of you that have offered to help, know that your generosity isn’t disparaged, it is just as to date there has been no need.

I anticipate after the New Year things will begin to move at a faster pace, so you can expect more communication after the holidays. So, reach out to Branson Towers and reserve space for June 18th- 22, 2020 soon!

Dan Kelly

Elaina Keaton-Crenshaw
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:54 pm

I now have been told that the email went out to the entire email list. Great. My faith has been renewed.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:37 pm

I got one and was a little surprised that the header had everyone else's email listed too...... :shock:

Vern.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:56 pm

They are new at this. They haven't figured out the blind copy feature of mass emails. I'm glad that at long last they did send out an email. I hope they continue to make progress and get this second reunion off the ground.

Return to “Branson Stand Alone Reunion II June 2020”