Bought this reproduction patch on ebay

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Bought this reproduction patch on ebay

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:22 pm

I bought this patch on ebay that was a pretty good reproduction of the Ace patch. It's actually made in Vietnam so that much is officially following instructions. I'll see it in maybe a week and comment on how good a reproduction it is and how close to correct size. I sent the guy a message asking how many he has or can reproduce.

This link will take you to an image I posted in the album. The image posting on this forum is in the crapper as of now so I can't just show it. The patch on the left in the linked photo is genuine bring back the one on the right is modern reproduction.

http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/ind ... rum/sample
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Bought this reproduction patch on ebay

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:57 am

Right after the above post I noticed he was offering another one identical to the one I bought. I sent him this message:

Your previous message

I see you have another for sale. Did you have them made or make them yourself? How many can you sell? Reason is I served in that company in Vietnam and I know other guys who did. I want to see what the one you are sending looks like but might be interested in purchasing more. I'll attach an image of one that was made a half century ago in Vietnam for Alpha Company 6/31st.

So I received this message. Notice the signed "Dawson". That must be something like phonetic sound for whatever his Vietnamese name is.

New message from: collectibles_about_vietnamwar (4,347Red Star)
hi Robert , we bought from my friends - vietnam vets, we dont know about orig this item. if you dont like we will refund , and cancel this order.
We hope you understand for the case and have some sympathy, appreciate much for your patience and cooperation

Sincerely,
Dawson

Well, I sent him a message assuring him I'd keep it whatever it looked like. It wasn't like I was expecting a patch made fifty years ago and kept in a vault some place. Then I bought the second patch he offered. The idea is to send one of them to an Alpha friend who lost his patches in a fire. As of now I haven't gotten either and from the ebay shipping forecast, and the coronavirus screwing up commerce, it maybe a month before I see either.

Return to “Alpha Company”