anyone who knew my father SFC Naipo Robertson

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.

anyone who knew my father SFC Naipo Robertson

Postby naipor » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:27 am

Greetings from El Paso !
Searching for anyone who knew my father SFC/MSG Naipo Robertson (6foot plus Hawaiian Guy) or my Uncle FSgt Larry Renio. Appreciate any info.

Re: anyone who knew my father SFC Naipo Robertson

Postby steppo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:53 am

I was Naipo Robertson's company commander (airborne ranger, captain, regular army) at Fort Lewis. When I knew him he lived with his wife and daughters in Lakewood, WA. That was 50 years ago. He and I used to go out fishing on his boat for sharks in South Puget Sound. He requested that General Abrams allow him to be assigned as my bodyguard when I was assigned south with the agency. Abrams thought it would have been too dangerous for a man Naipo's age. Not so - Naipo Robertson was the embodiment of a real warrior - three silver stars, in three different wars. I ran into him in late 1968, while I was setting up Phoenix in the Delta, and he was running an LRRP / LRCP for the 9th Infantry Division out of Dong Tam. If you are really his son, you may contact me at If you aren't really his son, I'll know.

Return to “Alpha Company”