Lt. Morgan Weed KIA HS video project

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Lt. Morgan Weed KIA HS video project

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:53 am

There is a high school in Texas that has been doing videos on men who are listed on the WALL. I noticed this one on the front page. Morgan Weed was a platoon leader in Delta Company in 1970. He was KIA as a result of wounds sustained during the Cambodian Incursion.

If you look for it there are some others with 6th of the 31st connections done by students. There is one on Danny Hayes, also Delta, that is full of images of guys in the 101st, by the patches, and lots of music and little explanation or knowledge of who Hayes was. One thing left out is the highway named for him or that he was even in the 9th Division. However, although quality of result differs, including the one on Hayes, these are high school students and each is worthy of applause for their efforts. Their sources for information about any of their subjects had to be scarce and hard to uncover or to interpret.

https://2105401.mediaspace.kaltura.com/ ... l/81478061
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Lt. Morgan Weed KIA HS video project

Postby Niner Delta » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:54 pm

There are 4 men on the wall with the last name Weed. I have looked into all 4 and have never found a family connection,
even though 2 of them are from my home state of Washington. Have looked into Morgan Weed more than the others, I guess
just because he was in the same unit. He was 3 years older than me. Never got to meet him as I had left country before he
got there. Great that those students are putting forth the effort to make those memorials.
Vern.

Return to “Delta Company”